Spill it! Introductions please!
Hi there, we’re Tuckernuck! We're a retail company and lifestyle brand started by family and friends back in 2012. We're passionate about creating and curating apparel and gifts for a fun-filled life. Our brand embodies classic American style, rooted in sport, travel, family, friends and celebration.
- Madeline [on left] (a.k.a. Maddy) Grayson (Co-Founder) oversees the Content, Marketing, and Merchandising divisions of Tuckernuck and advises on the buying and design committee.
- September Votta [on right] (Co-Founder) manages the third party buying and private label sides of the business as Head of Product and acts as the lead designer in partnership with the Tuckernuck CEO, Jocelyn Galliot [in the middle].
What’s your favorite piece from the Neely & Chloe x Tuckernuck Collection?
Madeline Grayson: Our Noir Cypress Toile Packing Cubes. You don’t realize how helpful these are until you have them! Staying organized while on the go makes travel more enjoyable, and the beautiful floral prints are irresistible.
#1 Packing Tip:
Madeline Grayson: I tend to pack primarily dresses (for day & night) when I travel. They save space and are easy to put on. A beautiful dress gives instant style without much effort. I also recommend limiting yourself to two or three pairs of shoes. It’s so easy to overpack shoes and then you don't end up wearing them.
September Rinnier Votta: Have a pre-packed vanity kit with travel sizes of all your products. This helps you avoid leaving essentials behind and repacking for every trip. I also always pack in full outfits and try them on before I leave. When I don’t try on before my trip, I end up packing extra items that I don’t wear.
What are your top 3 “must-pack” items?Madeline Grayson:
- Versatile basics, like t-shirts in several colors, great denim, neutral shoes, and gold jewelry.
- A cashmere travel wrap for everything from the airplane to an elegant dinner out.
- Chic dresses!
- A sunhat is great to have on hand. When you don’t have sunscreen or sunglasses, it helps you look put-together after a long day of travel.
- Sneakers for a run in a fun location!
- Magazines–they’re always my go-to splurge when traveling.
Madeline Grayson: New York for the US Open!
September Rinnier Votta: Tuscany for my brother’s wedding!